Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Holland, MI and Lake Michigan

When I was a kid we visited Holland, MI and I still remember how beautiful everything was. I knew that I wanted my kids to see it too so we planned a day trip to see Holland and Lake Michigan!  It wasn't the way I remembered it but we still had fun.  Before we left Texas we knew that we wanted to see and collect water from all 5 Great Lakes and Lake Michigan would be our first one!

My mom watches "Diner, Drive-ins and Dives" on The Food Network and wanted to stop by Rosie's Diner on the way to Holland.




The kids love sitting at the counter!




After breakfast we drove to Holland! 

Here he is explaining how wooden shoes are made.


 Beside the wooden shoe factory they sell bison meat and told us that we could walk back and see the live ones if we wanted too.



After seeing the Bison and buying some bulbs from the other side of the shoe factory we drove to find Lake Michigan.  Note...just because it says park on the gps doesn't mean it is a public park.  
Being the rebels that we are, we drove right past the sign and found the lake.  The Park reminded me a lot of the summer resort in Dirty Dancing but a lot smaller and since it was off season nobody was there! 
Seth, Me and Kaia

Dad

Mom

Lake Michigan   Great Lake #1

No comments:

Post a Comment